Site Address: Carshalton Beeches SM5
Contract Value: £180k (excluding fixtures and fittings)
Project Duration: 2 Weeks – (More accurate to say 7 months)
Started 18/3/18 – ended mid Oct 18
Description of works: Refurbishment of 1bed Annexe, Rear single storey extension,
Loft extension and total refurbishment of main house.
We were contacted by our clients in February 2018 to provide a quote for some extensive works to their new home. The Victorian house had not been decorated for over 50 years, and needed a complete overhaul. We were initially only contracted for the rear extension, Annexe works and house refurbishment, however as the project progressed, our client’s requirements increased to include a loft extension as well.
The works involved:
• The erection of an 8m x 5m single storey extension to the main house incorporating some large steel works to support the back of the house incorporating bi-fold doors and 2no roof lanterns
• Formation of a new ground floor shower room and utility room
• The installation of 3no further bathrooms/shower rooms
• The installation of the 2no new kitchens
• Tiling works throughout
• First and second fix carpentry throughout, including 2no full height fitted wardrobes with mirrors
• A new staircase leading to the loft extension
• A new loft room consisting of a new en-suite shower room, bespoke storage, a total re-roof of the new dormer and existing front elevation, and the installation of a new Juliet balcony
• Two new independent heating systems to the main house and Annexe, incorporating a pressurised hot water system and underfloor heating
• A full rewire of the main house and Annexe, incorporating new lighting systems
• Two new patios to the rear garden and landscaping
• An extension of the front driveway
The project was carried out by our team of in-house tradesmen on time and within budget.
“We are in the property business ourselves, and can honestly say that CJ Construction Ltd are the best builder team we have ever worked with. They were always responsive, flexible, polite and helpful, and their tradesmen were highly skilled and qualified. We jointly and professionally managed the project together, supported by a detailed, itemised quote before work commenced, a clear building contractor/client contract, a project plan for each phase and written, signed estimates for any additional works. This meant the project was very harmonious throughout, with no disputes about invoices! We would not hesitate to use CJC again. Thank you Dean, Jay, Dan and the team for your incredibly hard work. We are delighted with our new home – it really has the WOW factor!”